Careers > Vacancy: Machine Learning Developer
Vacancy: Machine Learning Developer
Structure: Part-time, contract (with opportunity for full-time permanent role)
Time Commitment: Monday, 5 February – Friday 23 February 2018, ~15 hours per week
Location: Edmonton or Toronto
About Promethean Labs
Promethean Labs is an AI startup that’s working to be the most trusted provider of weed and disease knowledge in agriculture. We use AI to identify weeds and diseases by interpreting infrared imagery sourced from selected partners that supply imagery using handheld devices, drones, airplanes and satellites, which will help farmers save on pesticide costs. We’re working with a trial customer in Argentina and need support to fulfill the agreement.
We hope you will share in our values of innovation, sustainability, openness and grit. We are a team of four who are excited to change the future of agriculture and we are looking for a like-minded individual to join our team.
We’re looking for an enterprising machine learning developer. You need to be independent, take ownership of your work, and be comfortable with a quickly changing environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with ambiguous tasks and takes initiative to identify and solve problems. Your work will be deadline focused, with a demand for transparent communication. As this position is remote, you will be responsible for accomplishing your tasks proactively with limited supervision. You will work remotely using your own hardware.
- Train convolutional neural networks
- Evaluate existing machine learning framework and provide feedback on framework improvements
- Work with and report to our Chief Technical Officer, whom is in Edmonton
- Collaborate with the Chief Commercial Officer to ensure alignment of product vision with needs of the agreement
- Learn new machine learning tools and techniques if necessary
- Help convert hyperspectral signatures to multispectral signatures (will work with our CTO on this)
- Manage Mechanical Turk processes and outputs if necessary
Advise the team on IT infrastructure needs to manage future requirements
- Deliver outputs on deadline
- Update the whole team weekly
- Must be willing to travel on your own expense to Edmonton or Toronto, if you do not live there
- Python proficiency
- Tensorflow proficiency
- Keras proficiency
- GIS analysis
- Spanish fluency
- Understand multispectral and hyperspectral imagery
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume (cover letter optional) and hourly rate to the Promethean Labs team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, include “Machine Learning Developer Opportunity – __firstname lastname__”). As this is a contract position, compensation is on an hourly basis. If the successful candidate comes on full-time permanently, there will be a competitive package offered at that time.
Thank you for your consideration and we will contact you with our decision upon review of your submission.